search engine optimization (SEO)
What is SEO or Search Engine Optimization? This can best be defined as the foundation of any page or website. The overall goal is constructing website pages to be optimized to enable discovery by search engines, analyzed to meet the specific criteria unique to each search engine, and then indexed by those search engines. Being indexed by any search engine is what will return your website when a specific search is entered that meets the web user’s criteria, usually keywords or key phrases, and how your site compares to other sites based on that site search. There are techniques and practices to help your website organically. This means, it is meant to optimize your website, without purchasing ads, in an effort to have search engines return your website in it’s search results.
How is this important to you or your business? What is the value of your website if nobody can find it? Having a strong online presence gives you the ability to be found by clients or customers when they are researching your product or service. If people are unable to find your site through a search engine, your advertising, marketing, and website presence is going to be insignificant compared to your competitors.
At Spotlight Web Design, we strive to keep up with current trends and practices and work with you to build the most appealing website we can to your users, and also to search engines as well. With a focus on:
- Keeping content from becoming stagnant
correct HTML and coding practices
- Meet current W3C best practices and standards
- Keep pages operational (no Page Not Found messages!)
- No bad or broken links
- Clean and well formed HTML
- Using Heading Tags, Alt Text, and Paragraph Tags
- Content management system (CMS) users are taught how to add and use these tags as part of their initial training
- Quality inbound links
- Integrating with Google Analytics, thus giving you actual numbers indicating overall website ranks, individual page metrics and then using that data feedback to implement a plan to constantly improve the website.