project: gillis gilkerson - go live date: - March 12, 2014
featured in the project: CSS3, customized WordPress theme, HTML5, information site, responsive web design (RWD), WordPress as a content management solution (CMS)
Gillis Gilkerson needed a website that would be easy to maintain by staff and allow Gillis Gilkerson to showcase their community involvement, portfolio of works, case studies, news & press releases, and display testimonials from past clients. The identified needs included:
- Website with fully featured Content Management System (CMS) to easily:
- add / edit pages
- customized portfolio section
- news & press release area
- customized testimonial sidebar
- edit content
- allow staff to maintain all appropriate website content
…and all through a web based system that was easy to use and scalable to grow.
Spotlight Web Design worked as part of the a.s.a.p.r. creative suite for this project, and was brought in to provide the customized WordPress as a content management system (CMS) for this project. Other team members provide the following:
- a.s.a.p.r. integrated marketing
- Wrote the content for the website
- Served as the project manager
- Developed and designed the case studies for each project on the website
- Two Rider Design:
- Provided the graphical layout to build a customized theme
- Spotlight Web Design: We took Two Rider Design’s graphic layout and hand coded a customized WordPress as a content management solution (CMS) to allow staff at the Art Institute & Gallery to perform all of the tasks identified in the needs above.
As part of our on-going mission to provide the best possible user experience, this site was designed as responsive web design (RWD), using HTML5 and CSS3. This means that users will have the appropriate experience while using the site regardless of using the site on a PC, Mac, or a mobile device. Website layout changes based on device and is designed to maximize the end user experience.
go back to our portfolio page